Wisconsin's two party mentality
Published Friday, January 06, 2006 by Justin Mitchell | E-mail this post 
Mike McCabe of the Wisconsin Democracy Campaign recently had this to say in his Big Money Blog:"The people of Wisconsin and America are not as hopelessly divided as the political pundits like to claim. We all have much in common. But the party bosses thrive on playing up what distinguishes them from their political enemies, and this cult mentality leads them to ceaselessly drive wedges between groups of citizens."and..."The leaders of the major political parties who populate Wisconsin's state Legislature and our nation's Congress are not remotely representative of the people. These bosses are obsessed with who's right and who's left. If they’d spend half as much time thinking about what's right and wrong, we wouldn't be in the midst of political corruption scandals of historic proportions. And the majority of citizens might not feel politically homeless, as they do now."Reminds me of some of the locals.....................
abv town square
we've closed shop
Current Terror Alert Level:
Who are you locally accusing of corruption and what evidence do you have?
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
When I read through this piece, I didn't take the corruptness to be the cause or roots of the problem, and I apologize if this is what you thought I was referring to.
Instead, I read (and agree) that a huge problem is partisan leaders and hacks offering a deaf ear to the needs and demands of the people and instead playing the unending blame game and offering irrelevant wedge issues and costly popularity tricks that do nothing to help our people, the state, or Democracy.